Wednesday, April 2, 2008

What's the latest - April 2008

So, we finally decided to be more dedicated at keeping our family and friends updated on our life. Whether you are "bloggers" or not we hope our site helps you get the latest updates on our life...


SPRING IS HERE! Just as the trees are about to bloom and the flowers about to bud, our life is about to change! In March we found out that Emily is pregnant!

As I came home from a business trip late one Wednesday night and turned on the lights, I was so shocked to see our apartment decorated in blues and pinks with a big poster that said, "Welcome Home Daddy!" There couldn't have been a better way to tell me! We are so excited to begin building our family together and although we are still early in this whole process, we wanted to share the exciting news! All I can tell you is that I never knew there were so many books about having babies, and my goodness, so many names! The new edition to our family should be here in November. We are so excited to be parents and begin building our family together.


Highlights

Trip to San Fransiscio (Mar. 14-17): No better way to see the city than renting some bikes. One of my favorite Indian restaurants in SF - The Shlamar. Nothing better than the hole-in-wall restaurant....see more pics

Emily turns 26!!! (Mar. 9): Emily hit the big 2-6. Though she seems to think special attention shouldn't be given to her...how could we not! Her birthday included opening presents in the middle of the mall, dinner @ PF Changs with mom and dad Rytting, shopping with her mom and sister, breakfast in bed, dinner is SLC with family and Julia, her best friend. Happy Birthday sweetie - trust me, you deserve the attention. Sorry no pics :(


Trip to St. George (Feb. 29-Mar. 1): What a weekend. Hikes in snow canyon, watching Austin's(Emily's Brother) Rugby tournament, and time with family...see more pics.



14 comments:

Lincoln and Alisia said...

I am so happy that Christian sent out the email so that I could keep in contact with you two. Where are you guys living now? Congrats on everything, and especially the new baby! Lets keep in touch! Our blog is : thedcessigs.blogspot.com

Adrienne said...

Yay, I am so excited that you guys are going to be updating this! Love you tonz!!!

jess (mumbo designs) said...

Hello! CONGRATULATIONS on the little one!!! It will be one good looking little one with you two for parents. How fun that you guys have joined the blogging world - it's a fun one.
Love,
Jessica Sorensen
sjsorensenfamily.blogspot.com

Kate said...

Welcome to the world of blogging, glad to have you part of the fun! Congrats on the baby! That is so exciting. You will both be great parents! :)

Lindsey said...

Congratulations on the big news! Being parents is the best thing Rob and I have ever done. Also, welcome to the blogging world. Judene forwarded your e-mail to me and I thought I'd log on to see your updates. Our family website is thegrahamswebsite.blogspot.com. Check us out!

emily a. said...

I just found out you have a blog. congrats on the baby how exciting. Just wait til you see the ultrasound it is so cool. Emily are you feeling sick or showing yet? my Em has really grown quite a cute tummy. best of luck guys

Ryan

Elise and Lane said...

So exciting! Best of luck with the pregnancy! Can't wait to see those cute belly pictures in the next few months!!!

tracie said...

I found your blog from Jamie (Johanson) Stansfield's. Congrats on your little one on the way. We are having a girl in July and can't wait for her arrival. If you want, you can check our blog out at troyandtracie.blogspot.com. Once again congrats.

Andersons said...

Congrats Emily! You'll be an amazing mom. Tell your family the Metcalfs (and ex-Metcalfs) say hello!

Anonymous said...

Hey Christian and Emily! We found your blog and decided to see what you two love birds have been up to. Congrats, by the way, on your little one! We're both very excited for you two. Here is our blog is pincockohana.blogspot.com.

We love you guys!
Tom & Liane Pincock

Lauren said...

Congrats on the baby and welcome to the blogging world:) Enjoy your sleep while you can:)

Elise and Lane said...

When do you find out what your having?

Adrienne said...

Hi guys - time for a May update, I want to see pictures of the house!

Jessie said...

Hey guys! Your email was forwarded to me from Wayne. It's good to have some family in the blog world. Congrats on the pregnancy. Check out mine and Darin's blog at http://oberg-family.blogspot.com/ I'm working on getting it updated!